The Electrical Engineer will carry out various engineering tasks, such as creating electric installation drawings and bills of material, performing calculations to ensure our systems meet all local, state and federal safety standards and collaborating with technicians and computer programmers to solve emerging issues. This position is responsible for research on manufacturing processes and analyze data and trends to create new products and assist in development and implementation of systems to monitor and remotely report and record data from the panel through various sensors and J1939 data for production and maintenance analysis. This role also includes analyzing existing products with a view to improving their efficiency and overall performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and products.
- Develop manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards.
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time.
- Define customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards.
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes.
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy IT systems.
- Summarize data and report on test results.
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets.
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans.
- Create documentation to be implemented by our Technical Publications department.
- Fully embrace Eagle Crusher’s quality system and needs to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned to ensure efficiency of the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or approved Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. MSc is a plus.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as an Electrical Engineer preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software.
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards.
- Knowledge of J1939/CAN bus and Modbus protocols.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Eagle Crusher Company offers a competitive wage and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k and paid time off.