Technical Documentation Engineer
Eagle Crusher Company Inc. is hiring a Technical Documentation Engineer at its Galion, Ohio office. The Technical Documentation Engineer for will provide support for all aspects of Engineering documentation including change management, product release and product specifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the engineering department and write manuals to instruct operators on equipment safety, set-up, start-up and maintenance.
- Photograph and document safe practices, set-up, start-up and field installation.
- Work with engineering drawings to create parts books to aid the operator’s in identifying parts, identifying assemblies and ordering parts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of manuals.
- Monitors status of project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Confers with engineers, customers, and others to discuss project and prepare documents.
- Fully embrace Eagle Crusher’s quality system and needs to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned to ensure efficiency of the Company.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year degree in technical field (drafting, engineering technician) or equivalent preferred.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in engineering documentation within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Experience using Adobe, AutoCAD and CorelDRAW strongly desired.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of change control systems, material requirements planning, data processing techniques, and drafting standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.
Eagle Crusher Company offers a competitive wage and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), and paid time off.