Eagle Crusher is looking to hire a Welding Inspector. The welding inspector is responsible for overseeing all the welds and to ensure everything is in proper working manner. A welding inspector’s job is to make sure that the welders work within the set quality and deadline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects welded joints of work in progress and of completed units for visible defects, correct dimensions, bead formation, weld penetration, and conformance with layout, blueprint, and work order specifications, applying knowledge of welding principles.
- Verifies alignment and dimensions of product and setup of machines and fixtures used for work in progress.
- Observes techniques of welders in shop.
- Marks defective pieces and recommends scrapping or methods for reworking.
- Records inspection data.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of welding experience.
- Proven experience as welder and ability to pass a 3G weld test
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledgeable of different kinds of metal and their properties.
- Experience operating a forklift and/or overhead crane preferred.
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts.
Eagle Crusher Company offers a competitive wage and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k and paid time off. Qualified candidates must possess a solid work history, positive attendance record and ability to pass a drug screen.