Burn Table Operator
JOB TITLE: Burn Table Operator (or CNC Operator)
Eagle Crusher Company, Inc. is seeking an experienced Burn Table Operator or a skilled CNC Operator willing to train on our Burn Table. Standard hours for this position are 9:30 pm - 6:00 am, and overtime may be required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience operating a Burn Table or CNC, one year of experience driving a forklift, and one year of experience operating an overhead crane. Qualified candidates must possess a solid work history, positive attendance record and ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must be available to work overtime on a regular basis including weekends.
SUMMARY: Cuts, trims or scarves metal plate through use of CNC plasma burn technology to size and dimensions specified by blueprints, work orders or layout by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Positions work pieces onto table or into fixture with jib or overhead crane.
- Program and select carbon or metal-coated carbon electrode, gas nozzle, electric current, and gas pressure, according to thickness and type of metal, data on charts, or record of previous runs.
- Coordinates proper programming with CNC controls, making changes, or recommendations for changes as is appropriate.
- Inserts electrode and gas nozzle into holder and connects hose from holder to compressed gas supply.
- Program to select amperage.
- Program to adjust jet of gas to blow away molten metal.
- Strikes arc and guides electrode along lines to cut (melt) through metal.
Eagle Crusher Company offers a competitive wage and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), and paid time off.
- Overhead Crane: 1 year (Preferred)
- Burn Table Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC Operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)